Wednesday, May 11, 2011

one month out and we're back in.

"In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls." 1 Peter 1:6-8

currently i am sitting in a hospital room while my sweet juno is hooked up to an iv in a baby hospital gown in a crib large enough to fit me.

on tuesday finn, juno, and i were getting ready to go out on a walk. while changing her i thought she felt warm and she hadn't been that interested in eating so i took her temp... 100.3. that number raced through my mind... "any temperature 100.3 or higher in infants under 2 months can be a sign of serious infection." i called the doctor at 4:15pm and upon their instruction raced to the the office before 5 to avoid an ER visit.

finn was instantly pissed thinking i had lied about our walk as i rushed him past the stroller and got in the car. by the time i had got to the office at 4:52 her temp had risen to 100.9... "in babies this age we automatically admit them to the hospital overnight for observation," the doctor told me. the tears welled in my eyes. we got back in the car to drive over to bromenn.

i called seth to come and get finn, called my parents for comfort, and called my momma-in-law for finn's overnight accommodations. check.

no sooner were we in the room than the nurses swept her away for blood, urine, chest x-rays, and a spinal tap. "she'll be here at least 48 hours until the cultures come back." in our technological world i sent out texts asking for prayer because the doctor's explanations of possible things that could be wrong were bad... really bad. her fever was up to 101.

i held her, i fed her, and later in the evening her fever vanished- without help of any drugs. of course they still started two broad spectrum antibiotics but all was looking up. i trust in God. and through my worry i know He is here with us. medically speaking we are not out of the woods until the cultures start coming back tomorrow evening although things are looking clear so far.

regardless what is to come i will praise His name in the midst of these trials.


  1. As Koen says, "I am holding you with my heart." Love to you all.

  2. Wow, sorry to hear that. Your post brought tears to my eyes. The power of prayer is mighty and I shall say several for your baby Juno.

  3. Saying a prayer right now that God will take care of little Juno. Please let us know if you need anything.

  4. I had no idea. You are in my prayers.

  5. You are all in my prayers! Good luck with everything.

  6. We just wanted to let you know we are praying for you guys. We hope sweet little Juno is able to come home soon.

    Nichole and Ryan Britnell